Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dad-Gum Cough

When we arrived in Argentina on Saturday morning, May 16th we were issued, on the plane, masks and rubber gloves to wear until we were out of the terminal. Of course we all assumed it was because of the Swine Flu but it was not. Argentina had recorded 46,000 cases of the Dengue Fever (pronounced Dangu) which is a virus spread by mosquitoes.
Well, I am home now and I did not get the Dengue Fever but I do have a DAD-GUM cough that is ripping my chest out. It starts somewhere just short of my big toe and works it's way up through my fat self and grabs hold of my aorta or something and tries to bring it out with it.
When I cough, boats move out of the way.

But honestly that is a small price to pay for the wonderful time we had doing ministry in Argentina.

It is still exciting when someone walks up to you and says "Hey, by the way, you will be preaching in the special service tonight" and you didn't even know there was a special service planned. I like to say that for fun, but the truth is, I love the opportunity to preach at anytime and I always expect to preach at a moments notice... it truly is one of the blesssings of going.

We had a productive week with 125 decisions for Christ and then on the last night at a soccer stadium we did the empty hearts drama and I had the awesome privilege of preaching one more time and God allowed us to witness 45 more souls come to him. AWESOME!

And regardless of what Eric says...I DID lose almost 6 pounds... granted, I don't know how, but I did...not a problem, I've managed to find of a couple of them already.

Dios es Bueno !!! God is good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictures were great and the souls for Christ were awesome...God is so good...sorry about the cough...a spoonful of honey helps me when I cough...Get well soon!

Unknown said...

I was talking to a lady at work yesterday...she said to make a cough go away in the middle of the night...when it is worse for most people...to put Vicks Vapo Rub on the bottoms of your feet...then put socks on...and the cough would go away...might be worth a try...sorry...I just thought of you and the cough when she told that one...you know...where there are ladies gathered there are, "old wives tales.." anyhow hope you are better...