Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Issue of Traditional Marriage

Well, I'm probably writing this article for myself, seeing how I haven't written a blog in almost three months, no one will think to check by. But in case someone (you) did, here ya go.

Not exactly a HEADLINER in the paper or Network news today, but I noticed an interesting fact. As of yesterday, thirty one (31) states in this country of ours have put "Same-sex Marriages" to a popular vote. Thirty one states have come to the place where they asked the PEOPLE (residents...employees...tax payers...civic contributors...etc.) to vote on this issue.
"Should Gay Marriages be recognized as legal and appropriate in this country/state?"

Out of thirty one states to vote on this issue so far, THIRTY ONE (31) have voted against the amendment. Thirty one states have said no to that idea. Yesterday's vote was in Maine and was defeated 53% - 47%.

The American people continue, election after election, to uphold the traditional, God-ordained institution of marriage between one man and one woman. Even, other major religions (other than Christianity) hold fast to this institution.

Does it resignate to this world that the continued existence of the population depends on procreation and that there is NO OTHER form of natural procreation than one man's contribution and one woman's contribution that creates life. I believe that is Almighty God's sacred design...HOWEVER, if you choose not to join me in that conviction, it does not change the fact that the statement is nonetheless, still true. We can "mess" around with ways to "take this and plant it here and manipulate there", but you still have to have the man's contribution and the woman's contribution to procreate, period.

I do not believe any homosexual (or other groups) should be mistreated and abused for their lifestyle. I will stand with anyone on the issue of protection and preservation of freedom of diversity without abuse or hate monging. But that does not put me in the category of believing it is okay or accepting the idea of Gay Marriage.

Some would call me a bigot or intolerant for my beliefs and convictions, but they(my convictions) are scripturally based.

Millions of people in thirty one states have held to the idea of traditional marriage existing between one man and one woman and that's the way God presented and intended it according to the scriptures.

I will love and welcome those who do not agree with me, but I will continue to defend my right and duty to preach the truth .

As I write this blog let me state my concern for the internal agony of all who struggle with this issue on either side. God Bless.

4 comments:

Arnold Wiley said...

kiclatePastor James .... I agree totally with your blog...as long as I live (and once I reach Heaven) I will believe in the heavenly sanction of marriage as was in the very beginning....ONE MAN married to ONE WOMAN with the expressed purpose of being as ONE new being. I can only hope & pray that in our lifetime....our country can return to its very roots...as a nation UNDER God !!

Vernon Brant said...

Pastor James, I agree with your blog 100%. The states that allowed gay marriage should have put it to a vote in the first place and laws never would have been passed. The political agenda aside, what are you thoughts on the other "luxuries" afforded alternative life style couples, homsexual and un-married heterosexual alike?
The black and white, scriptue based side of me feels there should be no "civil" benefits at all living outside the will of God. Yet, as I grow older and see the hand of God's grace in my own life I find myself softening. Issues like family health insurance, social security benefits, adoption, and what ever else could apply to a couple divide me internaly.
In a sociaty where tolerance is forced upon us how do you navigate those other issues?

Unknown said...

Thanks for a new blog...I feel our world is really pulling apart on these issues..and if we would just stick to the principles taught in the Bible we could get back on the right track...God bless you for preaching the WORD..

Anonymous said...

As a born-again believer who is also a lesbian, it really saddens me to read things like this blog and the comments posted on it. I cannot expect closed-minded individuals to understand how it hurts my heart so deeply to know that my life partner and I are looked down upon by the church for the simple fact that we love one another. My partner and I were both very active in our churches before coming out as gay. Both of us sang in praise bands, lead ministries, and my partner actually lived at I.H.O.P (International House of Prayer) in Kansas City when she was 17 seeking a more intimate relationship with Christ through prayer. Although each of us still have a heart for God, many churches don't see us that way. They see us as dispicable individuals who are not worthy to worship in the house of the Lord. They see us as people who intend to "poison the youth of America by imposing on them our homosexual agendas" as quoted by one ministry in particular. But what you people don't get is that we have hearts just like you - hearts that long for God and long for a home church to belong to, but because of the way people outcast us, we are not afforded THAT luxury. To me, the greatest luxury of all would be a house of worship where my partner and I can come in and be a part of things without being made to feel like lepers or criminals. That is a real luxury. Civil benefits, such as me being able to receive health insurance through my partner's government job, that is not a luxury, Mr. Brant. That is a RIGHT that I should have as an american citizen protected by the 14th amendment of the US Constitution, but do NOT have because of who I choose to love.