Monday, March 23, 2009

Reasons to Pray (not what you are expecting)

Here is a partial list of some things that help increase my prayer life...

A group of three or more people walking abreast down a hall way... especially when I'm in a hurry.
Some one relentlessly clicking an ink pen.
An unhappy child who doesn't even want to be at that expensive restuarant.
That precious older person driving 6 miles under the speed limit where there is no passing opportunity.
That precious teenager who has never been taught how far to stay behind a car at night and who also doesn't know how to turn the high beam off.
That precious clerk at the fast food place (mind your own business Jamie) that forgot my fries or gave me a hot dog with relish when I clearly said chilli.
People who make me wait.
That precious person who is about to suck the enamel off their teeth after a meal.
When the receipt paper runs out with the customer just before me.
When cashiers enjoy a reunion and don't seem to notice me standing there ready to check out.

God is so good to supply me with so many things to improve my prayer life.
I hear a pen clicking, I need to go pray now.

1 comment:

Cris said...

I have one more. Those church members that are always saying, "Got a min't?"