Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Blog

Well, here is yet another first of something I never expected to do. Having heard of blogs, bloggers and blogging I was a little afraid of getting blogged down with all of it...SORRY...

I'm not sure I understand the whole purpose of blogging...is somebody actually going to read what I write and will it add any appreciable value to their life? Well, perhaps not but maybe we can at least provide a smile or two along the way.

So...I attended the Southern Baptist Convention in Indianapolis last week .There wasn't a great deal of controversial action and I don't think we succeeded in offending a whole lot of people this year. Except for the attempt to support an amendment that would call for the removal of all Southern Baptist children from California public Schools. I understood the heart of the man who made the motion but wholeheartedly disagreed with it as the proper action to take. I know it is an emotional issue and will only be so more and more as the days go by, but removing the influence of Christian children (light) from a world that needs Jesus (darkness) is not the answer in my opinion. The motion was soundly defeated.
Well, I hope you will appreciate the historic value of this special event...my first BLOG!

No comments: