Friday, June 27, 2008

You are not going to believe what I saw

If I told you that I saw a rhinoceros forced off the road two days ago by a caterpillar, I suspect you would either think I am writing this from Africa and that there are some monstrous caterpillars in Africa or that I am heavily medicated.
Actually neither is true but me seeing a rhino forced off the road by a caterpillar is true and it happened on the main highway that I drive on every day.

Here's what happened...I was driving behind this very large delivery truck when all of a sudden, it veered off the road onto the shoulder and slowed down considerably before returning completely back on the road. Then I saw what was happening, a very large truck designed for carrying massive heavy construction equipment (and was doing so) backed out of a construction site into the path of the large delivery truck causing it to leave the road and scaring me half to death (figure of speech of course).

Once the truck went off the road the construction truck pulled back in and let me pass on by.

When I got down the road a little bit, I started laughing out loud as I noticed the picture on the truck in front of me. It was a large Blue Rhinoceros and this was a Blue Rhino Propane Gas company delivery truck and maybe you've guessed it by now, but the piece of equipment on the other truck was a Caterpillar brand Excavator.

So, yes, I did see a rhino forced from the road by a caterpillar.

Two ways to go with this...
#1- There are days when we feel incredibly inaffective and inadaquate, like we have nothing to offer. Or that our course before us is too difficult or the wall is too high or the giant is too big... you get the idea... but with Christ in our lives we need to understand there is nothing he cannot handle. Paul says " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Trust Him and lean on Him and when you feel like a caterpillar facing a Rhino,
let Jesus do the driving.

#2- This is a totally different perspective... Not everything is exactly as it seems. Yes I told the truth about what I saw, but the specifics of what I saw were only emblematic of what is real.
The world has a lot to say about religion and the bible and Christianity and eternity. Make sure that you are dealing with a real rhino and a real caterpillar before you accept whatever the world has to offer. Deal with what is real and you will be safe.

So, drive careful and keep your eyes open ... you never know what you are going to see.
Blessings

1 comment:

Chip Roberson said...

Uh ru, did you catch either one of them?
Tell ya Mama and dem how you durin?
c