Thursday, September 4, 2008

Love for My Country

An American Flag blowing in the wind raises my pride and my appreciation for this great Country. Patriotic music makes my lips quiver and my heart burn. I love this country. I have had the privilege of visiting five continents and several countries. I have had sub machine guns pointed in my belly and I have felt fear in some places and a truly broken heart when having to leave others. My greatest experience happened just months ago when I spent 10 days in the Holy Land. An unfortunate moment occurred when a little muslim boy spit on me. The reality that someone taught him to do that broke my heart, but I simply smiled at him and tried to express some love for that precious little fellow who has been taught hatred.

My daddy served this wonderful country in World War II living in a foreign land serving to protect the freedom of our nation and the safety of others. My brother did the same thing in Viet Nam and I am so proud of him. He still honors his country as a veteran and a Chief of Police.

I am offended when someone takes a stand against our country and then say they love it and want to lead it.

John McCain was not my first choice when this process began, but he is now. A war hero who has touched the lives of so many. A man who has worked for his country and takes hard stands on many issues. Some of those stands are not mine...but his convictions are appreciated and admired. Now with the lady from Alaska...OH MY GOODNESS... My pride has been refreshed and I can't wait to cast my vote.

I am scheduled to be out of the country on election day on a mission trip...but I will have already voted before going to South America and I will find a way to hear the news of the election results.

I pray with all my heart that McCain & Palin will be moving into the White House.

Pray for this country and for our leaders.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I agree with you 100%. McCain wasn't my first choice either, but given the choices that we have, McCain and Obama are as different as Day and Night.

On one hand we have an American Hero, who fought, bled and was tortured for his country. A man who served his country proudly for 22 years in the United States Navy. A man who despite his flaws, understands that an unborn child is worthy of our protection.

By contrast, Obama has not a thread of executive experience. Four years ago he was a state senator in illinois. While state senator he ducked tough issues and voted "present" instead of taking a stand, except when it came to obstructing a born alive infant protection act. In that case Obama found it fit to attempt to short-circuit a bill that would have provided protection to infants who survived a botched abortion.

Gov. Palin has Obama pegged, he'll talk a good game to the people of Scranton, Pennsylvania or Rural North Carolina, but his heart rests with the extreme left in San Fransisco, where they believe that the "ignorant hicks" "cling to guns and religion".

This election is one of the most important in our lifetime. Terrorism still haunts us as a spectre in the night. Our nation faces an energy crisis that will not go away by ignoring the problem and refusing to harness the resources that we have here. The Supreme Court hangs in the balance as liberal Justice John Paul Stevens is almost certainly to retire during the term of the next president.

The choices have never been more clear. The Stakes never higher. Christians have fought long and hard to get to this point, we can't quit now.

The task will be difficult, the media is firmly in the camp of Senator Obama and is no longer even pretending to be objective.

The vicious smears that were rolled out against Gov. Palin are likely to increase as the election draws close.

We must exercise our right of Americans and vote, and more importantly, we must remember that Almighty God does hear the prayers of his people:

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

MCSue said...

I agree with your comments about John McCain. I do not agree with a lot of his ideas, especially immigration. When I heard Congress was about to vote on the immigration bill that basically provided amnesty to illegals, I immediatly emailed my state Senators (Burr and Dole). I was thrilled to find out that we crashed the Senate's email server on that day. This proves to the Politicians on the hill that we are paying attention. BTW, have you viewed Liz Dole's voting record in the Senate? Very impressive, she always votes the "right way". I will be thrilled to pull the lever for her in Nov as well as for Palin.

God Bless,

MCSue