Friday, April 10, 2009

Holy Week...Friday...part two

I know I've already posted today but I had another thought or two.

Imagine how defeated everybody must feel right now... in the context of Holy Week.

It's night...the beginning of Sabbath and Jesus is now in the tomb...

What went wrong? How could he have been so knowledgable and so powerful and it all end this way? What do we do now... all of the religious people are alienated and we have left everything to follow Him...now what?

They were after Him...now will they come after us?

How could this happen? How disappointing....how discouraging...

Wait, has anyone thought about the things he had said... the temple will be destroyed but will be rebuilt again in three days. He told them he had to die but he would rise again. Did they forget?

The enemy didn't forget...that's why they sealed the tomb and placed soldiers there.

I wonder sometimes if we, His people, forget His promises at the most crucial times.

He is in the grave...and I repeat from my earlier blog...It is Friday, but Sunday's coming!

No comments: