Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Holy Week...Wednesday

Wednesday was the day before celebrating Passover. If you study the week that Jesus was crucified you will find something recorded each day from Palm Sunday to Friday except for Wednesday. Nothing is shared with us about Jesus' activity on that day. I have always wondered about His activity on Wednesday.

I truly believe that most, if not all, of that day was spent in prayer. I believe Jesus was spending the day with His Father. Maybe He spent a little of personal time with each disciple. Maybe He spent some time with some children. Maybe He spent some of that time making arrangements for the passover supper on Thursday.

Well, I don't know but I feel pretty comfortable with the idea that much of the day was spent in prayer.

I spent some time in prayer this morning for a dentist... exactly at the time he was wrestling with the root system of one of my teeth.

The pain has been pretty intense today but once again nothing like what Jesus would experience in just a few hours.

My Jesus spent lots of time in prayer ... leaving us an example of how to face our every day.

No comments: