Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Holy Week...Tuesday

Tomorrow morning I am having a tooth pulled. I hope pulled and not cut, yanked and jerked out of there. I have a feeling the roots will fight to stay put. But I genrally do not do well with teeth extractions and such. So, I have battled to not stress out, reminding myself of the scripture that says "Be anxious for nothing..." but I think my translation says "...except for tooth extractions"

Just a moment ago when I was silently whining to myself and then telling my oldest daughter Toni (I know that's gonna mess with some of you) about my appointment, something pretty heavy occurred to me.

It is Tuesday of Holy week and in a few hours I am having a tooth pulled which may produce some pain and discomfort. I cannot imagine how Jesus was feeling on Tuesday. Just a couple more days to really reach out to the world around Him.... then pain and suffering that has no measure... and why... for me! and for you!

The Bible says in the night he went into the Mount of Olives to pray.

It's Tuesday and the time is indeed short.

No comments: