Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holy Week...Thursday

I have stood in a room that some believe is the upper room where Jesus celebrated the Passover meal with his disciples that Thursday night.
I have knelt in the garden of Gethsemene near a tree that very likely was there that night that Jesus prayed there. From that garden I could see the Eastern gate to the old city.
I slipped off my shoes and socks and walked bare foot up the stone stairs to Caiaphas' porch where Jesus walked that night.
I have stared at the stone floor of the place where some believe Jesus was condemned to death.

I closed my eyes at each place and tried desperately to imagine what it was like that night. Jesus had so very much to say on that last day with His disciples. The promise of the Holy Spirit...the Vine and the branches... that His joy may remain in us and that our joy might be made complete.

Maunday Thursday, as we call it, oh what a day... my life is enhanced because I have been in those places where Jesus was, but my life is enriched because the Jesus of those places is in me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed your posts this week...and sympathize with the tooth thing...I also hate to go to the dentist...But know God is with me everywhere I go...Thank you for helping me realize HIS Presence in my life this week...See you Sunday